This is an easy project that creates beautiful results. You can use this magical unicorn as a decoration for your home or fun table decor for parties. If you are a bit offbeat with your wedding, it could be a fun alternative to flower centerpieces too.
I sometimes use affiliate links in blog posts. If you click on the link and purchase something, I will get a commission from that at no extra cost to you. It’s one way I earn money to keep this blog going. Thanks for your support! Craft on!
- Unicorn Form (papier-mâché)
- Pretty Paper
- Mod Podge
- Punch Tool
- Paint Markers
- School Glue
- Gold Glitter
- Foam Brush
- First cut the paper into smaller shapes (I used a punch to create flower shapes). You will need small pieces for the face also.
- Using Mod Podge, adhere the paper to the unicorn. Make sure to overlap the paper as you go. You don’t want the brown to show through gaps. Coat the top of the paper with Mod Podge as well.
- After that’s done on most of the body, not the hooves or face, use the smaller pieces to do the face and lower legs.
- Using school glue, cover the horn, tail and hooves with a thick layer of glue, one at a time.
- Over a paper plate or easy to clean surface, sprinkle the glue with glitter, covering completely. Allow to dry in between parts if needed.
- Using paint markers, draw gold in the eye area. Then draw a blue dot in the center. Put a smaller black dot in the center of the blue dot. Then add white highlights.
That’s it! Your magical unicorn is ready to be displayed in all of its sparkly glory.