Animation has been around for awhile. We are all familiar with Disney’s classics like Cinderella and The Lion King. These were created by drawing the same image over and over again with minor changes each time.
Now they use a lot of computer modeling to make a lot of movies, but they still sometimes revert back to the old methods of doing things. How fun would it be to show your kids how to make their own cartoon!?
Follow these simple steps to find out!
- Print these templates or use a blank piece of paper (cardstock works well). Cut 8 even rectangles out of the paper.
- Stack the papers and staple the left long end.
- Trim the other end so that all papers are easy to flip.
- Now draw a stick figure on the first page with its arms down and legs spread apart on the right side of the paper.
- On the next page, draw a stick figure in the same spot but lift its arms.
- On the next page, draw a stick figure in the same spot but lift its arms over its head and put its feet together.
- Continue this process through the rest of the pages.
- Now go back to the beginning and Flip!
If you would like to paint step-by-step or learn how to animate using the ProCreate app check out www.the-artistry-of-living.teachable.com